I think I've said before that Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. I love having a holiday dedicated to counting our blessings! I feel so blessed, and this year I have felt especially aware of the kindnesses of others as well as the tender mercies of my Father in Heaven. He knows me and provides things in his wisdom that he knows I need. This month, I have felt that he has answered my prayers very specifically in several regards. I have confidence that I can trust him. My heart has been touched several times in just the last week.
Some specific gratitude:
--First, that Erin and Nick made the drive safely from Davis, arriving at 4 a.m.
--Second, that all of my children are safe at home with me and all together for Thanksgiving for the first time in several years.
--For the men who fixed my heater yesterday, and for the friend who arranged it. An unexpected blessing!
--For the friends who shared our meal...Keith Levery, JoAnn, and Keith's roommate (and our new friend) Darrel. (JoAnn will be invited every year since she LIKES doing dishes! Ahh---I'm just teasing. I invite her every year because she's great company!)
--For good health and healthy bodies for my children.
--Last week, I was having such a tough time keeping it together and my good friend Keith Lawniczak brought by a fabulous lasagna dinner, salad and yummy bread that kept my family fed for more than two days.
--I'm so grateful for our home and the land around it!
--I'm thankful for education and the opportunities it will give me and my children.
--I'm so glad for our pets, who are an extension of our family.
--I'm thankful for my faith and all of the richness it provides in my life.
--Most importantly, I'm grateful for my Savior and his loving example of all that I should strive to be. It will probably take me an eternity of striving to become anything like him, but I refuse to give up.
--I'm grateful for this week of service at the storehouse and for one of the most special experiences I have had at the Bishop's storehouse on Wednesday.
--On a personal note, I'm thankful for the privilege of knowing and loving the Scoffield family.
--For men like David DeButts and Bill Scoffield, who teach my young men about being men of God, and teach my young ladies about the qualities that are most important in a future spouse.
--For the scriptures, especially 2 Nephi 4:15-35.
--I feel so blessed to be able to see and experience the beautiful earth and all it's glories! I can't wait to see the world when it has been restored to its perfect form...it's already more beautiful than my heart can take sometimes.
--What would I do without the internet and the ability to stay connected with friends and family around the world?
--We are blessed every day by the leadership in our church at all levels!
--We are thankful for the men and women who serve in the armed forces, and their families for giving up so much so that the rest of us can have so many freedoms and blessings.
--We are so blessed to live in the USA!
--For my friend Tom, who I've loved since high school, and who always pops back into my life (over the phone) at just the perfect moments with encouragement, friendship and joy.
--I have wonderful friends!
My list could go on forever. Gratitude is what keeps my heart turning back to the Lord. I hope each of you have a blessed and tender Thanksgiving!
No comments:
Post a Comment