Thursday, July 24, 2014

Communication Error

I spent the day observing all the different ways people miscommunicate with each other. It was exhausting! Fortunately, I started my day off right by getting up early, cleaning up a bit...doing a sort-of workout (I'm learning to do Zumba), eating a quick and healthy meal, and planning out my day. I gave the kids assignments for the day and came home to discover that Laine had completed all of hers, Kelly had done none of hers, Johnny had done two out of Four, and Joe had done only one out of four.

After my exhausting day at work, I was sorely tempted to make some bad food choices, but instead I prepared a nice green salad and some fish. It was super yummy. I came in under my calorie allotment by about 350'calories, which for me isn't necessarily a good thing since I have a tendency to skip meals and mess with my blood sugar. Nevertheless, it was a good food day.

I've been thinking of gratitude today. I'm trying to keep my heart focused on being grateful for everything, even my trials. I know the Lord's hand is in all things in my life. I just have to trust him!

No comments: