Johnny will be turning ten on Monday, and I don't know if I'm ready for all of my kids to be double digits. It makes me feel sad, and old. All my babies are growing up! I know, I know...they're supposed to do that! But it makes my heart ache to see the wonderful years of their youth pass so quickly.
I always wanted to have a large family...some people would say I do, since I've been blessed to be mother to five wonderful children, four of whom I've birthed myself. But I really wanted to have even more children. I would have taken as many as God would give me! Being a mom is the finest blessing I can imagine. And even though I'm not great at it somedays, in general, I feel like I've done a pretty good job.
In our family, all of the family members turn odd the same year, and of course, even the same year. (Some of my friends and family will tell you we are ALWAYS odd. That's a fair assessment.) This year is our even year. By September, my loves will be 10, 12, 14, 16 and 24. (sigh) It began February 15th with Erin, Johnny is next, mine is in May, Joe is June 28th then Laine July 5th. Kelly hits her milestone birthday on September 28th. I'm not sure my heart can take it.
In the meantime, I need to figure out what to do for Johnny's big day. I asked him if he wanted to go to Boomers on his birthday, and he said he would rather stay home and eat cupcakes. Bless his little heart! He doesn't want me to bring any treats to his school, either. What to do, what to do?
No comments:
Post a Comment