Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Welcome back! Goodbye!

This afternoon Joseph and Laine returned from youth conference in Cambria. They apparently had a good time, if sun kissed faces are any indication. According to Joe, the dance at the beach was awesome, and he spent the whole time dancing. No surprise there! He also apparently danced with his younger sister, which I find to be really sweet.

This was Laine's first youth conference and she also had a great time. She was fairly happy and excited, and she enjoyed the dance, too.

My poor kids...I dragged them to Sacramento last Thursday evening. We returned late on Sunday evening. Joe and Laine packed up and went to Cambria early Monday morning and returned this afternoon, and this evening, I will be bringing them back to their dad's house where they will be getting on a train in the morning and heading to Sacramento again. It's been non-stop traveling for Laine and Joe!

Kelly didn't go to youth conference this year. She thinks she's too old, and of course, she doesn't want to miss any possible moment she can spend with her boyfriend. She won't be going back to Sacramento either, because she's stressing out about college starting next week and she feels overwhelmed. Fortunately, after 11 straight days of working, I will have Friday off and I am going to help her get things in order so she can be more at peace.

Life is full and busy here! Now if only I can get my laundry and kitchen under control!! Which I have absolutely NO desire to do. (sigh) Maybe after I drop the kids off at their dad's house...

No comments: