Sunday, October 21, 2012

Sunday

Sunday! I'm always so glad when Sunday comes. I love going to church, taking the sacrament, seeing all the happy smiling faces at primary, listening to the talks at sacrament, and singing in the choir. Today we had an extra bonus, as the Martin family came to visit before they move to Utah. We were so happy to see them!! We are preparing for the primary program and it happens in a few weeks. Panic! Not really, but the pressure is on.

Our ward senior missionaries spoke today, and I really enjoyed what they had to say. The Elder who spoke made me cry, though. He told a touching story of 5 "touches" between a man and a woman, and it made me feel lonely and full of longing for someone in my life who might ever feel that way about me.

Kelly is almost done with her personal progress. In two weeks time, she should be completely finished! Seeing her hit this milestone has motivated me to finish personal progress for myself, too. I've been working on it online so that I can't lose the records this time. Laine is working on hers, too...hopefully she will be able to finish hers before she turns 16. I told Johnny today that he had less than 5 months in primary and he grinned from ear to ear. But I also told him he had to get busy to finish his "Faith in God" award. He's working really hard on his scout requirements (Go, Johnny!) because he wants to be done with Tenderfoot, Second and First Class requirements by the time he graduates into mutual. That would put him even with his brother, who is finally getting Second and First Class this week. Getting Joe to do his Duty to God is driving me crazy. He keeps losing his book, and I keep telling him to work on it online. Arrgh!!

I've been thinking what a big year this will be for the girls in our family. Erin finished her degree, I'll be finishing mine, Kelly will be getting her young women's medallion and will be graduating from high school, and Laine will be graduating into high school.

I was given a box of slightly overripe apples, so I spent much of my evening making muffins...apple cranberry, pumpkin-apple-raisin, and pumpkin apple. They were all a very big hit! I still have apples left over, so I'll be making more muffins today to put in the freezer for quick breakfasts.

This week, I have two tests. Classes are in full swing, and it's a challenge keeping up with everything.

No comments: