I'm officially signed up for 20 units this semester. I'm taking six classes. Two of my classes are gerontology classes, since that is my intended minor. They are both online courses...one is Sociology of Gerontology, and the other is a Heritage class, looking at generational differences among the aging population.
The other four classes are psychology classes. On MWF I'm taking a class called learning and memory. The instructor is a self-proclaimed hippie. The class focuses on an evolutionary and selection based approach to learning and memory, and is required for my ABA (applied behavior analysis) emphasis in Psychology. I have two T/Th classes. One is a basic biological psychology class, looking at how our nervous system and other bodily processes influence our psychology. The other class is a cognitive behavior therapy course. I really like the instructors for both of these classes, and the material is already very exciting and interesting to me. My sixth class is just Thursdays, and is called the psychology of disability. I will have my first meeting for that course tomorrow.
I'll need to be spending about 40 hours a week either in class or preparing for class. Phew!
1 comment:
Hey April! Glad to see that you're keeping busy. Although I have to say that 20 units with 4 kids at home is WAY more than I could ever handle. You're definitely in the extraordinary category.
Also, I was wondering if you could send me your address. I am putting together my list for the baby shower. It will be in Fresno sometime in October and I'd love it if you could make it.
Post a Comment