Okay, so Kelly was a bit grumpy when I told her that I wanted her to get up at 5:30 on one of the only two days of the week that she gets to sleep in. Still, I managed to get the four kids plus our sleep over guest, Sydney, to get up early and be to the Clovis Rodeo grounds by 6:15. We walked onto the grounds and saw trucks and balloons in various stages of readiness. The kids were saying...well, this is exciting...with sarcasm dripping from their lips. That was the case til someone hit the burners on their baskets, breaking the dawn with the sound of rushing fire. All the kids were hooked from that moment on. As fans turned on to blow air into the balloons, the grounds began to look magical. The kids peeked inside of inflating balloons, Kelly snapped pictures excitedly, the sky began to lighten and suddenly, all around us were balloons. Not quite on par with what I saw when I went to the Albuquerque balloon festival, but still fun and amazing. We all had a great time, and came home to donuts (<
Saturday, September 19, 2009
Balloon Festival!
Okay, so Kelly was a bit grumpy when I told her that I wanted her to get up at 5:30 on one of the only two days of the week that she gets to sleep in. Still, I managed to get the four kids plus our sleep over guest, Sydney, to get up early and be to the Clovis Rodeo grounds by 6:15. We walked onto the grounds and saw trucks and balloons in various stages of readiness. The kids were saying...well, this is exciting...with sarcasm dripping from their lips. That was the case til someone hit the burners on their baskets, breaking the dawn with the sound of rushing fire. All the kids were hooked from that moment on. As fans turned on to blow air into the balloons, the grounds began to look magical. The kids peeked inside of inflating balloons, Kelly snapped pictures excitedly, the sky began to lighten and suddenly, all around us were balloons. Not quite on par with what I saw when I went to the Albuquerque balloon festival, but still fun and amazing. We all had a great time, and came home to donuts (<
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment